Tuesday, October 1, 2013

I Am Not a Brick

by A.J. Huffman


house, but mortar definitely runs
through my veins, much needed
reinforcement against invisible wolves
who blow me down to foundation.
They are confused by my solid
determination to rebuild
myself in a slightly harder shape.
Resigned to this repetition,
I peer through shadowed
fingers of fate, waiting to see
if this time I am enough,
if this time I will hold.
 
 
Biography:
A.J. Huffman has published five solo chapbooks and one joint chapbook through various small presses. Her sixth solo chapbook will be published in October by Writing Knights Press. She is a Pushcart Prize nominee, and the winner of the 2012 Promise of Light Haiku Contest. Her poetry, fiction, and haiku have appeared in hundreds of national and international journals, including Labletter, The James Dickey Review, Bone Orchard, EgoPHobia, Kritya, and Offerta Speciale, in which her work appeared in both English and Italian translation. She is also the founding editor of Kind of a Hurricane Press. www.kindofahurricanepress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment