Tuesday, October 1, 2013

In the Scent of Dreams

by A.J. Huffman

I dance on tireless toes, spinning,
a ballerina of wind and ghostly touch.
I am air, light
and [on] point(e).
I am princess of the pink chasm
of inebriated thought. I know nothing
and everything. I see what I feel, what
I inhale. I exhale doubt. I watch it
float to the ceiling dissolve into fog
and shadows. I blink at them with my third
eye, fan them away with invisible butterfly wings.
 

 
Biography:
A.J. Huffman has published five solo chapbooks and one joint chapbook through various small presses. Her sixth solo chapbook will be published in October by Writing Knights Press. She is a Pushcart Prize nominee, and the winner of the 2012 Promise of Light Haiku Contest. Her poetry, fiction, and haiku have appeared in hundreds of national and international journals, including Labletter, The James Dickey Review, Bone Orchard, EgoPHobia, Kritya, and Offerta Speciale, in which her work appeared in both English and Italian translation. She is also the founding editor of Kind of a Hurricane Press. www.kindofahurricanepress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment