Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Shudder to Apocalypse

by Brett Stout


concrete,

leads the way to a bleak landscape
greed and gluttony oh my capitalist beast,
corporate isolation,

surrounding me
covering me
smothering me
with their trademarked logos
of hate and oppression,

atom bombs,

are released in euphoria
as the suburbs of utopia lay in rubble
once pale men turn to charcoal colored dust,

the lab rats,

are released from their captivity
they sit on my couch and watch cable TV
growing disillusioned and obese
they truly are Americans now
value sized and cheap.

 
 
Biography:
Brett Stout is a 33-year-old artist and writer. He is a high school dropout and former construction worker turned college graduate and Paramedic. He creates art while mainly hung-over from a small cramped apartment in Myrtle Beach, SC.

No comments:

Post a Comment